Carl Allen is a U.K.-based turnaround artist. He buys relatively unloved businesses, makes them better, and sells them for a profit.
When you’re in the turnaround game, you get a lot of weird phone calls, but none quite as odd as the one Allen received in 2013. A business owner had heard Allen was looking to buy a precision engineering business, and the owner had one to sell.
The only catch? Allen had to decide in 48 hours.
Two days later, Allen found himself the proud owner of a small company that made custom parts for high-performance motorcycles, which he had purchased for just £1. He immediately set to work making the business more valuable and just three years later, sold it for almost £3 million.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- – How to buy a business for pennies on the dollar (or pounds).
- – How to get an acquirer to buy your shares, not assets.
- – How to use forecasting to boost the value of your business to an acquirer.
- – How Pareto’s Law can maximize the value of your business.
- – Allen’s formula for finding a business to buy.
Do you want to improve the value of your business?
Find out how you score on the eight factors that drive your company’s value by completing the Value Builder Questionnaire and getting your Value Builder Score today: