Jessica Tindel and her partner started Dream Enrichment Classes, a business offering after school programs in math and art 13 years ago. Tindel built the business to 60 part time instructors and 5 full time office staff when a new business caught her attention. Stretched thin and drawn to the potential of her new idea, she decided to sell. In this episode, you’ll discover:
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How “add backs” can significantly boost the value of your company
- The two things Tindel recommends every partnership agreement should include
- How many years a buyer will consider when evaluating the performance of your business
- The definition of “good will” and how to make sure you get paid for yours
- Who owns the cash in your company when you go to sell it (you may be surprised by the answer)
- The two things Tindel wished she had done differently if she could sell her business all over again.
If you’re interested in improving the value of your business, take our questionnaire or contact Colonial Business Brokerage today at 443-982-7332.